Saturday, February 09, 2008

Apathy Kills

"Had I interfered in the manner which I admit, and which I admit has been fairly proved (for I admire the truthfulness and candor of the greater portion of the witnesses who have testified in this case), had I so interfered in behalf of the rich, the powerful, the intelligent, the so-called great, or in behalf of any of their friends, either father, mother, brother, sister, wife, or children, or any of that class, and suffered and sacrificed what I have in this interference, it would have been all right; and every man in this court would have deemed it an act worthy of reward rather than punishment." quote from a famous American in the 19th Century.

Question:
When are we going to stand up for our children, the elderly, and the innocent? When are we going to take a stand against wickedness?

No comments: